Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gogrok User Review【User Reviews from CNet】

Following are user reviews from CNet. Thank you all for using Gogrok and giving your commands generously. Any new commands posted on CNet will be updated under this post.

****************************************

A great free collaboration tool
by: bm4acd on 03-Mar-2008 05:13:38 PM

Pros: I don't have to cowork with my colleagues or friends remote from me face to face. It can save me many traffic time.

I can also use this tool to teach my kids to do their homework when I am on a business trip. The UI is quite intuitive. I think my kids will know how to use gogrok.

Great and helpful tool. Just like its name "grok".

****************************************

A slightly different perspective on performance
by: nvblue on 06-Mar-2008 06:30:17 PM

Pros: As a user of Gogrok, I think CNet Editor and Seth gave a good overview of Gogrok first public beta release. But I will like to give Gogrok potential users a slightly different perspective on the performance:

1) Base on my experience, the most contributing factor to Gogrok performance is the network connection speed. Other factors count too, refer to the minimum system requirements as indicated on the Gogrok website.

2) In seth's review, I notice Seth was having a slow (relay) connection when he used Gogrok, as indicated by the orange connection icon. Note the connection icon exhibits 2 colors: green indicates direct (P2P) connection, and orange means relay, when the connection needs to be diverted to a 3rd party server before it reaches the other user. Gogrok performs really well when users achieve P2P connection, but when relay connection is used, the performance tends to degrade and largely depend on location and connection speed between the user and the Gogrok relay server.

3) Gogrok will attempt to establish P2P connection whenever possible, but stringent corporate firewalls and NAT servers may prevent this. This is one area Gogrok should improve in order to achieve better performance for most users. More relay servers that cover strategic locations for users in different regions having relay connection is important too.

****************************************

I'm using Gogrok to collaborate with my coworkers and it performs well to me.
by: usatechlover on 21-May-2008 11:50:35 PM

Pros: I think it's a handy little tool for people who don't know much about computer. The UI design is pretty straight forward and user friendly. I'm using cable internet so the connection status is quite acceptable. I believe it's going to be a great tool for people like me who have to work at home, business sales, companies which have offshore sites, and online education programs, etc.

Cons: One thing that I hope Gogrok to keep improving is that it only runs with Skype so far. Some of my colleagues are not Skype users and this would drive them away.

****************************************

Gogrok definitely is a remote tool that worth to try.
by: LaurenJC on 22-May-2008 12:31:52 AM

Pros: To me, free use software with no charge is one of the best reasons to choose Gogrok over other remote access tools. Especially when you see the gas price is going up again and even the same hamburger you always order are costing you one more quarter; you'll know what I mean. Free doesn't always equal to rubbish, at least Gogrok is not! I tried online tutoring high school math and it ran smoothly.

Cons: Did I mention I once gogroking with my ex to book a hotel room at work but got caught up by my boss? That's another story anyway....well, if you want me to share a con about Gogrok, that's a one....

(this review has been slightly edited, due to some words are not recognized.)

****************************************

Want to know more about Gogrok? → Click me ←